Monday, May 31, 2010

The Mediterranean Diet

This diet in the video below gives you one of the healthiest, easy to follow diets there are.
The only problem is that it’s not a weight loss diet as such, it’s a way of living and it’s what you’re aiming for.
If you’re a person who doesn’t need to be told exactly what you’re allowed to eat to lose weight, all you need to do is limit the amount of carbohydrate and oil [plus exercise] till you’ve reached your desired weight and then you can enjoy the Mediterranean Diet..

I’m inclined to pretend that I’m one of these people but my waist line brings me back to reality! I need to start measuring the amount of fat/oil and carbohydrate I eat.

And if you’ve ever been to an Italian gathering, you’ll notice that lots of the “over 50s” are not at their desired weight for height!

So enjoy your fruit and vegetables, cut out saturated fat where possible and watch those portions of olive oil and carbohydrate.

Aheeeeee…. there are so many beautiful extra virgin olive oils on the market now…….if you don’t love them you’re so lucky!

Jane

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane,
    A very interesting article which perhaps I ought to take more interest in!
    I noticed you left comments on one of my blogs regarding Shaun Smith. There are many other sites that may be of interest to you of which I have access to. Feel free and take a look at this one. www.timeless-awakenings.co.uk

    Regards
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete